While we where both styled to our teeth, we also took a few shots together, me and my sister.
Photos/filming: Elin Evaldsdotter
The day after I finished my dress I’d scheduled a photoshoot with my sister (and her 1860s ball gown).
Perfect timing 🙂
We took a while getting ready, working hard to get our hair to behave in a acceptable way. And I got to try my newly finished hair-pieces (more about that in an upcoming post).
For these photos I’m wearing my purple 1825s evening gown, Regency long stays, chemise, petticoat, white stockings, ballet flats, long white gloves, fan, pearl necklaces/wrist band and a flower wreath in my hair.
The week before the ball my sister came over to do the final fitting and to take some photos.
She is wearing her new green corset, orange cage crinoline, petticoat and 2 pieced gown. Accessorized with black gloves, black lace-fan, a black velvet bag, silver tiara and necklace. She is also wearing a chemise, stockings, bloomers and dancing shoes.
Video of the gown in motion (shaky mobile video – sorry)
Here’s some photos of my sister in her new 1860s corset.
Once finished I asked my sisters to help me with some photos of my new regency outfit.
The day was nice with a clear spring sun, but a bit windy and chilly, so we where all pretty cold by the time we where done.
2 (or 3 months) ago, when deciding on projects for Halloween (Elizabeth I for me) I realizes that this would be the first (of many?) costumes I would make for my baby, and that I really wanted it to be special.
So what would I dress my chubby redheaded infant as for his first Halloween…?
The answer came to me pretty fast:
Hernry VIII – of course
Since this was to be a costume worn (once) by an infant I decided to make it as easy and wearable (read soft/comfy) as possible, using Jersey fabrics and omitting anything complicated (like slashes) or small/sharp (like beading and pearls).
I also decided it was totally acceptabel to cheat as much as possible 🙂
Then it was time for the actual sewing.
Then it was time for the main piece – the cape
The sleeves was made from rectangles stitched together, decorated and gathered at top and bottom. Ignore the wonkyness – I stitched this with my baby sleeping in the carrier on my belly, so not the best attention to detail.
This was such a fun project and I really love how the little coat/cape came out.
Once everything for my “Elizabeth I” was finished I dressed up for the photoshoot – which just happened to be on Halloween 🙂
Then I removed the regalia to try to resemble the cleaner, more innocent (?) look earlier in the movie, and the edgy cover photo.
Before the first snow fell last week I manage to get some nice autumn photos of my new “Elizabeth I” Dress.
I’m wearing the Tudor/Elizabethian dress, on top of several layers of petticoats, bumpad and shift, and accessorized with the new partlet, french hood, an old neckruff and the amazing jewelry from “Evil and og“(link to blogpost). (Excuse the modern hair but its just impossible to get a nice center part with a short side bangs.)
Nostalgic musings, on historical clothing, traditional costume, fantasy, photography and history.
Historical lifestyle blog and clothing store
an exploration of historical costume
The trials and tribulations of an over-enthusiastic seamstress learning to create period-correct historical items and fashions
Make your own history
Regency & Historical Needlework.
My life in stitches - adventures in the world of costuming...